West Ward DX Case Study
Type of Facility and Location:
- A pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in New Jersey.
- The mechanical system servicing the manufacturing space could no longer maintain the proper temperature and humidity levels necessary for ongoing operations.
- Provided a system performance restoration in order to avoid a $500,000 replacement capital expense, and costs associated with a lengthy operational downtime of system replacement.
Type of System:
- The mechanical system included a single 100 ton HEPA filtered AHU with an 8-row coil approximately 4 ft. by 8 ft.
- The dedicated air-cooled chiller plant sat directly adjacent to the AHU and was powered by a 480-volt 3-phase bus.
Pre-cleaning Condition of System:
- The ambient type of particulate was a fine powder.
- The chilled water coil appeared to be visibly clear.
- There were multiple banks of Merv 8 and Merv 12 filtration in front of the coil and a bank of HEPA downstream from the coil.
- However, airflow testing across the coil confirmed several blockages that were greatly affecting unit performance.
- The chiller plant itself showed heavy contamination in the condenser coils and was constantly running all four compressors with high head pressure to achieve a 41 degree chilled water output temperature.
- Both the chilled water coil inside the AHU and the bank of condenser coils for the chiller plant were cleaned with the patented Biomik Process which incorporates:
- Multiple alternating courses of high pressure “wet steam” and Biomik Coil Cleaner.
- A post-cleaning Biomik Protective Coil Spray is applied.